Friday, August 28, 2009

Orchid

Hello,
No craft today. However, I wanted to share this orchid that my sister bought for me three years ago when we moved to this house. It was the best house warming gift. It bloom every year around the same time between March and April. And every time it bloom it lasted 3 to 4 months. This year it is very unusual. It has been blooming for 5 months even the color is fading (since the end of March) and it's still blooming.
So if you're thinking of buying a house plant, I would recommend buying an orchid. Your money will be well spend.

I planted it in a clay pot and I used Spanish moss. And I placed it in a place that has indirect sun light. I never used any orchid food. I just spray water on the leaves every once in a while and took out any dead leaves.

That's it for today. Have a wonderful weekend.

Helen

No comments: