Sunday, September 13, 2009

Hopping Bunny

Good Afternoon,
I thought I'll share this easy bunny origami today. Since I've seen many bunnies in the yard lately.
To make this hopping bunny you will need only 12 units. Much better than my earlier projects. To learn how to fold the unit click here.

Material needed:
9 pieces 1 3/4 x 3 - 8 for the body and 1 for the head
3 pieces 1 1/4 x 2 1/2 - two pieces for the ears and 1 piece for the tail

Shade two 1 1/4 x 2 1/2 pieces in red like I did. This will be for the ears.


Proceed to fold like I did and finish the ear units. I did not show the finished ear pieces. When you are finished with the ears, the red should be inside.




This picture here is how you are going to fold the head piece using one of the 1 3/4 x 3.
After you've fold the triangle in half. Cut off the pointy end and set aside.
So you'll get this for the head.
Let assemble the hopping bunny.
Step 1: Place glue where I marked with pencil. (Note: the longest side of the unit is facing up).
Insert that into the pockets of another unit. Make two sets like this.
Glue the two sets together to make the first part of the body.
So you'll get this.
Step 2: With the longest side facing down insert the pointy end into the pockets. Repeat with the other pockets.
Step 3: Insert the last two pieces of the body into the pockets. Shaping to make them look like back legs.
Step 4: Apply glue in the front like this and place the head piece in.
So you'll get this.
Step 5: Behind the head piece apply glue and insert both ear pieces into the hole.



Step 6: Put in the tail at the back pockets with the longest side facing up.
Punch two 1/4 circles in red and glue them for eyes. TA DA! There's your hopping bunny.
If you have any question, leave me a comment.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy the tutorial.

Helen

No comments: