Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Kusudama Ornament

 Hello,
 Another post to share.  I love ornaments but I do not have Christmas tree to hang them on. We hang them in the cars and in our house.  I like to share this Kusudama ornament.  I have seen quite a few of these ornaments.   Don't let this ornament scare you.  It is very easy to make this ornament.  There are two ways to make this ornament.  There's a great tutorial here for this ornament.  Every where that I've seen this ornament, the hole in the center was always empty.  Why not add a bead in the center?


Here is another Kusudama ornament.  I haven't seen this one yet.  No, they are not the same.  Look closely in the center. The top one the center  is pointed.  And the one at the bottom the center is edged.  It is a little more complex then the first one.  
I think it looks much better with the bead in the center.
 
Thanks for visiting. Good night!

Helen

5 comments:

Patty O'Malley said...

Helen, these are exquisite!

JustNeedling said...

So beautiful! Great idea putting the beads in the middle!

Jackie Thomas said...

Oh Helen, these ornaments are just stunning. Wow. xo Jackie

Whimcees said...

Hi Helen!

These are beautiful! I look at the Folding Trees blog every day - it has so many great projects! I am really caught up in this origami now - have just made some cherry blossoms so now will have to try these! :<)

Barbara Diane

Rae said...

Wow! Helen, what are these made from? Not paper!!! :) They are beautiful!
I noticed you changed your header photo. It is a gorgeous scene. Did you shoot it? R