Monday, February 8, 2010

Sending Love Spin-able Match Box

Hello,

I finally made this spin-able match boxes.  I first saw this  spin-able match box at "dream, create, and share" blog.  She had a tutorial for sale, but I didn't buy her tutorial. She used to have a video to show how the match box spin, but it's no longer there.  I also didn't own Stampin' Up! match box die cut either.  I hand cut all these eight match boxes.  They are the same size as the die cut.  Yes, they took sometime to make.  Now I have to give that match box die cut a second thought.

This is the top of the box.  It's very simple.  I just added this flower that I saved from the wedding that I attended last year.  I thought the color matched the Sending Love DSP perfectly.
 
Here is the side view.
  
 Here is the top view.
  

I used the empty ribbon spool for the base to make it spin.

Thanks for looking.

Have a great day!

Helen

5 comments:

Rae said...

Very cute, Helen. That flower works perfectly!

Whimcees said...

This is so pretty! I have been thinking of making one for some time now!

I have the matchbox die and I love it. Let me know what colors you like and I will cut some and send them to you to assemble - it would take no time at all to do! :<)

Barbara Diane

Patty O'Malley said...

Absolutely stunning!

JustNeedling said...

This box is so beautiful! Gotta make one. How do you make it spin?

Jackie Thomas said...

Fantastic work. So much fun to make. xo Jackie